Air Conditioning and Coronavirus
We would like to state that because of the nature of how the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is constantly changing our information here is as up to date as it can be. We are basing our actions and decisions on our knowledge but are using industry and government guidance to formulate our actions.
Your employees and our customers are at the centre of our approach to dealing with this current situation and we would like to reassure you that we will constantly evaluate the situation and make changes accordingly when necessary.
Industry guidance on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and Air Con/Ventilation systems from Refcom (BESA) see: https://www.refcom.org.uk/media/1448/technical-bulletin-tb-048-3-refcom-updated.pdf
First and foremost, your HVAC systems should be thoroughly cleaned and serviced to ensure they are providing the best conditioned environment possible, so we suggest:
- Thorough chemical cleaning of all HVAC equipment
- Remove airborne contaminants by making sure systems have correct filtering and are well maintained
- Regular maintenance
- Clean ventilation
To protect the safety of all our customers and our engineers from COVID-19 (Coronavirus) we have already made a number of important changes:
- All staff wear correct PPE including gloves and masks where appropriate
- Distancing rules applied where possible.
- Risk assessments now include evaluation of COVID-19 risks.
- Recommend all ventilation systems to be set to full fresh air modes instead of air rotation.
COVID-19 Air Con and Ventilation Services
We are suggesting that the best approach to maintain healthy ecosystems for you, your family or your colleagues would be as follows:
- Completing a deep chemical clean – to make sure no bacteria exists throughout your HVAC systems
- Making sure regular maintenance is carried out – incorporating filter checking/replacing
AIR CON CLEANING PRODUCTS
We use a number of products when completing a deep clean of an air conditioning system many of which are advanced bacterial cleansing solutions designed to kill 99.9% of bacteria that could be in your ducts/systems.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our customers for there business and they can be assured that we will be there for them when they need us.